Each grade has specific outcomes which are linked to the following strands. Ecole Queen Elizabeth will be following the new Program of Studies for Mathematics in 2009-10 in both French and English.
The strands and substrands for Mathematics including the general
outcome for each, follow.
- Develop number sense.
PATTERNS AND RELATIONS
- Use patterns to describe the world and to solve
Variables and Equations
- Represent algebraic expressions in multiple
SHAPE AND SPACE
- Use direct and indirect measurement to solve
3-D Objects and 2-D Shapes
- Describe the characteristics of 3-D objects and
2-D shapes, and analyze the relationships
- Describe and analyze position and motion of
objects and shapes.
STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
- Collect, display and analyze data to solve
Chance and Uncertainty
- Use experimental or theoretical probabilities to
represent and solve problems involving
All Programs of Study may be found at this Alberta Education Website